Basic Food Hygiene Course
WSQ Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedure (2014)
The Food & Beverage Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) system was launched on 12 July 2006 by the Workforce Development Agency) (WDA) as the national qualifications system for the F&B industry. NEA has aligned the teaching and assessment of the Basic Food Hygiene Course (BFHC) to the F&B WSQ standards with effect from 1 June 2007 in line with the government’s effort to upgrade the skills of workers. The alignment to the WSQ standards also serves to improve and standardise the teaching and assessment of the BFHC.
This WSQ course consists of 6 hours of training and 1.5 hours of assessment. Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to the participants. This will accord the participants to work in food and beverage preparation / pre-requisite to operate a food shop/stall.
SKILLMASTER is NEA/WDA Approved Food Hygiene Training Provider.
On completion of this unit, participants will have the knowledge and skills in Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures and be able to apply them at the workplace. These include:
- Practising good personal hygiene
- Using safe ingredients
- Handling food safely
- Storing food safely
- Maintaining cleanliness of utensils, equipment and service/storage areas
To equip participants with the knowledge and understanding on the importance of Food hygiene and safety while preparing or handling food
At the end of the course, participants will be required to undergo an assessment for 1.5 hours which comprises of practical performance (PP), written assessment (MCQ) and oral questioning (OQ).
Learners of “Follow Food and Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures” will be awarded a Statement of Attainment, after they have sat for the Assessment and be certified Competent. To fulfil the assessment requirement on safety and hygiene, Learners are encouraged to come for the training neatly attired with tidy hair and clean fingernails.
Who Should attend
Any person who is planning to handles and prepares food and beverage in NEA-licensed food establishment i.e. Kitchen Managers, Supervisors, Chefs, Sous Chefs, Cooks, Kitchen Assistants, Food Stall Assistants and all food and beverage handlers.
Duration 7.5 hours
One day – 9.30am to 6.00pm
(Inclusive of lunch and two short breaks – light refreshments provided)
– 6 hours training
-1.5 hours for assessment
25 MCQ – 50 mins
Oral Question – 15mins
Practical – 25 mins
Course Fee & WDA Funding Details – Effective 1 Aug 2015
|Course Fee before WDA funding*||after WDA funding* up to 90% for SMEs||after WDA funding* for Non-SMEs|
|Absentee Payroll||80% of hourly basic salary capped at $7.5/hr||80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.5/hr|
Note: Course fee shown above are nett fees.
* Terms and Conditions applies to all types of WDA funding (more details at http://www.wda.gov.sg)
- Course fee before WDA funding and after WDA funding are subject to change.
- Changes to course fee and funding schemes, if any, will be updated time to time in our website skillmastertc.com
- Sponsoring company need to submit training grant applications in the Skillsconnect before course date or within 30 days from the course commencement date to avail the WDA funding and Absentee Payroll.
- More details at https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/employers_landing
- WDA course fee funding is only applicable to Eligible Singaporeans and Local PRs.
- Participants who fall under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme stand to receive up to 95% subsidy.