Refresher Food Hygiene Course
WSQ Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedure (Refresher)
The Refresher Basic Food Hygiene course was introduced in October 2010 by National Environment Agency (NEA) to raise the standard of food hygiene in food establishment. The refresher training is to ensure sustained awareness on good hygiene practices by food handlers. With effect from 1 October 2014 as per regulatory requirement, all certified food handlers are required to undergo the Refresher Food Hygiene course as per the following table:
|1st refresher training||By 5th year from the Basic Food Hygiene Course (BFHC) passed date.|
|2nd and subsequent refresher training||Every 10th year from last Refresher course passed date.|
This applies to food handlers who completed their Basic Food Hygiene Course and Refresher Food Hygiene Training before and after 1st October 2014
FHOs who have passed the WSQ FB-RM-303E-0 Conduct F&B Hygiene Audit Course (Conduct F&B Hygiene Audit Course) are exempted from BFHC and would be considered as at par with BFHC SOA holders; and
On completion of this unit, participants will be refreshed on the knowledge and skills in Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures and be able to apply them at the workplace. These include:
- Practising good personal hygiene
- Using safe ingredients
- Handling food safely
- Storing food safely
- Maintaining cleanliness of utensils, equipment and service/storage areas
Course Duration 4.5 hours
Half day – 09.30am to 2.00pm
(One short breaks in between – light refreshment provided)
– 2 hours training
-1.5 hours for assessment
25 MCQ – 50 mins
Oral Question – 15mins
Practical – 25 mins
Upon successful completion of the programme, candidates will receive the WSQ Follow Food & Beverage Hygiene and Safety Policies & Procedures Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
Participants of the Refresher course will be required to undergo an assessment for 1.5 hours which comprises of written assessment (MCQ), practical performance (PP) and oral questioning (OQ).
Who should attend?
All certified food and beverage handlers whom are currently working in handling and preparing food and beverage in NEA-licensed food establishment as per the above regulatory requirement.
Pre-requisite for taking the Refresher Food Hygiene Course
Copy of the Basic Food Hygiene Course certificate awarded by any ONE of the following:
- Singapore Workforce Development Agency under the WSQ framework.
- National Environment Agency (NEA)
- Ministry of the Environment
- WSQ FB-RM-303E-0 Conduct F&B Hygiene Audit Course (Conduct F&B Hygiene Audit Course)
Note: NEA continues to recognize Refresher Food Hygiene Course certificate awarded by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) form Oct 2010 to Jun 2014.
Course Fee & WDA Funding Details – Effective 1 Jun 2015
|Course||Duration||Fee (before GST)|
|Course Fee before WDA funding*||after WDA funding* up to 90% for SMEs||after WDA funding* for Non-SMEs|
|Refresher Training & Assessment||4.5 hours(3 hours training +1.5 hours assessment)||$ 80.00||$ 8.00||$ 60.00|
Note: Course fee shown above are without GST.
* Terms and Conditions applies to all types of WDA funding (more details at http://www.wda.gov.sg)
- Sponsoring company need to submit training grant applications in the Skillsconnect before course date or within 30 days from the course commencement date to avail the WDA funding and Absentee Payroll.
- More details at https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/employers_landing
- WDA course fee funding is only applicable to Eligible Singaporeans and Local PRs.
- Participants who fall under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme stand to receive up to 95% subsidy.