About this Course
This course covers understanding of the importance of Halal food and Halal food production/preparation guidelines, for instance best practices of Halal food production/preparation, purification from najis and Halal slaughtering procedures. The course also provides a guideline to apply Singapore Halal certification programme. On completion of this unit, the learner will have knowledge and application skills in understanding Halal food requirements and be able to apply them in the workplace. This includes:
• Understand the importance of Halal food
• Comply with Halal food production/preparation guidelines
• Describe Singapore Halal Certification Programme
The course will be conducted in English.
• Able to speak, read and write simple English (ESS WPLN Level 4)
• No other pre-requisites
• 16 hours (9am to 6 pm over 2 days)
Participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment by WDA upon passing an oral/written examination and practical assessment administered by SMTC.